Ho Ho Ho!! It’s snowing at many places…It’s Xmas time. Santa too is all geared up with his set of goodies. It’s also the time for baking cookies, gingerbread houses, cakes, merry-making, celebrating togetherness, warm bedtime stories by the fire, family cuddling up in a blanket drinking hot chocolate milk and enjoying the festive feel.
But you surely would want the festive feel to go on even after New Year’s! With snow already falling at so many places, the kids would love to make their Elsa Snow castles and snowman; and the child in you too would want to get into a fun snowball fight. It’s the best time to plan a trip to Ladakh. What all fun, adventure you can do in the snow with your family, friends and especially with kids, find out!
1. Make a snowman. Well, it can be a snowdog. Or a snowpig. Or a snowbuilding. Time to be creative!
2. A snow volcano. Fun and outdoor science lesson too. Just take some baking soda and vinegar from your hotel kitchen (they would have food colouring agent too.). put an empty plastic bottle and cover its sides with snow. Add the soda, a little colour and pour little vinegar. Magic!! Your snow magma will ooze out.
3. Make a snowfort.
4. Go tobogganing or sledding.
5. Build cool animals. Use bits of nature to embellish animals sculpted from snow.
6. How about having the ground as your white paper. Let’s play Tic-Tac-Snow. Use crisscrossed sticks as game pieces.
Play. Run, jump, sing, dance. Almost anything you can do inside you can do outside! Make some memories with your kids, and you will make some sweet ones for yourself too!0