It’s time for a family vacay which means a lot of excitement, fun and adventure. And of course, a lot of ‘Us’ time. But even before all this, family vacation means planning, packing, making the ‘things to carry’ lists etc. etc. The best way to go about it is to involve each and every member of your family. Even a 2 year old!
Make it a fun exercise for your kids. This is the best opportunity to involve them so that they learn to be responsible and can activate their grey cells more on thinking which items are useful and should be kept and which ones are not required. Give it a try! It will also take off the load to pack for all, from you and your partner.
Let’s begin with,
- Make a packing list for each person.
- Let the kids help you plan & pack. Involve your kids while writing down the list. Ask your lil ones to make their own list and show it to you.
- You can also form a chart for clothes to be kept for Day 1, Day 2 and so on depending on the number of days of your vacation.
- Let each kid and your partner make a pile of folded clothes on the bed. After a final selection, ask your kids to keep their clothes in the suitcases or strollies or handbags.
- Let the kids have their own bag of clothes, instead of sharing.
- Among your kid(s) distribute duties like one can be the First Aid Manager or Nurse, one will be the Refreshment Manager and so on. This will make the whole planning process even more interesting, also kids will learn about new roles and responsibilities.
- Do keep necessary medicines. Sanitizer, wet wipes & toilet roll are a must especially when travelling with kids. A comfy and easy way to wash and wipe their hands before eating.
- Do carry disposable cups, spoon and small plates.
- A Swiss knife
- Do carry disposable garbage bags. With kids travelling along there surely will be a good amount of litter – from fruit peels to candy and chips wrappers to water bottles to used tissues etc. You surely would not want to litter the beautiful environment.
- Very Important for kids
# Do keep their favourite toy and blanket.
# You can also carry a small drawing book and crayons.